There are over 60 members now

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

There are over 60 members now

Post by Airconvent »

There are70 members now, so how come many are keeping so quiet on the forums?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: There are over 60 members now

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:There are70 members now, so how come many are keeping so quiet on the forums?

rich
actually it's not too bad already. We have 364 post in barely a week. In yahoogroups, with 260+ members, our record is only 600+ post in a month!

So if you do the maths, the response has been pretty good. Over time, it should get better.
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

haha.. actually most of the posts contain all my silly questions :P
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

IceAngel wrote:haha.. actually most of the posts contain all my silly questions :P
interestingly, I think you will be the first to be promoted to Intermediate Astronomer, while the other seniors are still newbie...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hehe, yeah well I suppose this forum is better'n yahoogroups, at least it doesn't flood my with email inbox now... :?
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

And I find that it's more fun generally, with all these colourful extras like avatars and smilies 8)

Hey Zhongyao, I didn't know you are in Toa Payoh too !
Samuel Ng
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

harlequin2902 wrote:And I find that it's more fun generally, with all these colourful extras like avatars and smilies 8)

Hey Zhongyao, I didn't know you are in Toa Payoh too !
I think what I like most is that you can follow a thread easily. Also I can easily highlight a quote.

However, most people have not use other features like bolding or using different colours of text. And not many has done direct attachment of pictures using the [img]url[/img] tag.

There are a lot more other interesting stuff waiting to be found.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hey hello... I'm sorry if maybe y'all mistook me for Zhongyao!!!

I am Zongyao, not Zhongyao. I've seen another guy called Zhongyao in yahoogroups before, I was surprised too... :|

But if you're really refering to me... hehe, yeah I also live in Toa Payoh, which seems quite unlikely right? I only found out there were observations in this area like when I joined Singastro... :P

Post by Guest »

:P
I just join this group and realise that it is quite interesting. I have yet to learn more new A s t r o l o g y, or simply "the sky" from the "old hats" (may I said so). Keep it alive and welcome more newbies even they asked "K1 or K2" questions on the special subject called "Astrology or astronomy or what ever".

Frankly speaking, all of you must have the GREAT INTEREST to get so deep into the subject or practical term --> "just go out there and look at the sky and amaze yourself". Most newbies need the experience persons to guide before the can fly safely. I sinerely wish that this singastro group could achieve this simple goal. What is the outcome? you are inviting more newbies with little (1-5%) interest to start participate and all of you shall be amazed by the exponential increment of this group.

keep it up.

cheers,
eric goh
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

ericgoh~~~
i am a newbie... :( :(
i might need guidence from you in the future.. can you help me by then??
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-