There are over 60 members now

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Hmmm... see, it's happened, Leslie is now an "Intermediate Astronomer" while the rest of us are newbies
=PPP
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

is just a title.. :( cant reflect much on my knowledge on astro
becoz i posted a lot of newbie questions, so i upgrade to "Intermediate Astronomer" but my astro knowledge is still remains in newbie stage... :(
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-

Post by Guest »

Hi Leslie,

Sorry to say that I myself is ... newbie ... and wish that all newbies will grow together with the guidance of the "old hats" in this field. I tried to read books and mag and still don't understand "what the hack they are saying!!!" Leslie, it is good to ask even the question is simple (to old hats) but definitely not you. I believe the "old hats" will appear here and there to guide me and you and all newbies.
Suggestion to admin: probably could setup one chapter to intro to Astronomy to all new comers and especially target the sky for Singapore only. Most of the keys informations already in most of the forum, faq, and etc. Just massage it properly and there you have it. Sorry, easy to talk then do! Probably "big mouth" lah!
cheers,
eric goh

cheers,
eric goh
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Nah, can catch up one, it's just a matter of reading up, asking others and getting yourself familiarised with all the equipment. Kinda like computers
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

Quasar.. now i am trying ask others but i afraid that ppl might think i am so irritating... but i think buying a scope really need paitence and understanding before getting one..

in here, I apologies for all the trouble i have brought to.. especially Harlequin.. i think he is waiting for me to give me a confirmation reply about the refractor deal... but i havent completely or mostly understand upon buying scopes so i cant give him a confirmation reply.. sorry :(
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Not to sound like a party pooper but I kinda miss the 'flood' of emails each morning!

Chris

Also, how do you add an avatar?
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

chris shaw wrote:Not to sound like a party pooper but I kinda miss the 'flood' of emails each morning!

Chris

Also, how do you add an avatar?
go to your "profile" link, click it and under the preference tab, there is a place for you to upload your avatar.
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

I don't see a preference tab under profile link.

Chris
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

chris shaw wrote:I don't see a preference tab under profile link.

Chris
seach around and play with those tabs after you click profile.

It's hidden inside.....
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Found it. How to you get rid of the 'newbie astronomer' on top of the avatar?

Chris