Greetings from England

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
justin8571

Greetings from England

Post by justin8571 »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Singastro forum, although I've asked many questions (and answered the odd few easy ones) on the Meade 4M forum and am aware just how useful forums are. I've always had an interest in Astronomy (well I liked looking at astro images) and bought my first scope in 2007.

I'm slowly getting to grips with astro imaging although personally I haven't found it easy. I started a website in May and within it I've tried to offer a bit of help by adding a few step-by-step tutorials that might come in handy for a few people and explanantions of focal lengths etc and why they're important. I'm adding to it as and when I can so there will be more to come.

My site, Sussex Astro Imaging, is really aimed at the absolute beginner as I'm only just beyond that stage myself. I've added basic tutorials for processing with Registax v4 and Nebulosity2 with screen shots on exactly how I go about processing. I've also added a guided imaging section with a tutorial on PHD Guiding, and how to link an LX200R to a PC and use it in conjunction with PHD Guiding.

Anyway, if you get really bored or think the site might be of help then please take a look. If nothing else the "Did you know" section I think is interesting and again I'll be adding more soon.

www.sussexastroimaging.co.uk

Thanks everyone, take care and clear skies!

Justin
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Welcome Singsatro, Justin! [smilie=admire2.gif]
Delighted that you can join us here...
We look forward to your efforts in the astro-photography section.
Cheers [smilie=cute.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Ooo.. Sussex... my secondary school English teacher used to stay there... nice!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Welcome, Justin!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Welcome Justin.

I am sure with your passion and persistence, we will be seeing some wonderful photos from you soon.