Borg Helical Focuser

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Borg Helical Focuser

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Finally receive my Borg Helical Focuser yesterday... :D Thanks to Remus and Michael.
First impression, it is quite well built and to my surprise :o the focuser can directly screw to my Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 eyepiece adapter... :) I also discover a problem with the focuser, the front interface is actually not a "real" 36.4mm, it use a step up ring to step up to 36.4mm and the connection between the focuser and the step-up ring are not perfect... a bit of shaky. Hope that it won't affect the focuser.... :?:

Now waiting for the weather to clear...
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Hrmm, thats pretty interesting... wonder if there's a version for refractors to do that fine-focusing that im not very good at....

Charlie