Replacing Secondary Lens for Nextar 6SE.

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
akdwivedi
Favourite scope: celestron C6

Replacing Secondary Lens for Nextar 6SE.

Post by akdwivedi »

Hi,

My secondary lens (front element) for Nexstar 6SE is broken. I checked Celestron web-site and they dont sell replacement for secondary lens. Are there any shops which will sell a 150mm f/10 secondary mirror.

thanks
mrthomasyip
Favourite scope: 12" london bridge

Re: Replacing Secondary Lens for Nextar 6SE.

Post by mrthomasyip »

Hi

Yours is a 6SE, meaning it is a SCT ota. I don't think you can get a replacement for secondary mirror anywhere and from your description it is likely a corrector plate than the actual secondary mirror itself.
Likely you might need to put your ota at a side now and look into another scope. Celestron has the poorest after sales and service standard hence you might look into getting another 6" sct again
The Belief of Thomasology.
Hardwarezone
Favourite scope: maksutov

Post by Hardwarezone »

Celestron USA replied to some cloudynight forumers many years ago that the SCT set of optics are "matched" @ the factory , that's why no individual parts
like you stack 2 pringles potato chip u need both to match to fit nicely , even a little rotation offset and they don't stack well.
akdwivedi

Post by akdwivedi »

thanks.. looks like I need to write to celeston itself. see what they say. otherwise look for another OTA.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

You can go to the Astro-scientifc at the Science Centre to ask Albert if he can repair it. He is the authorized dealer for Celestron in Singapore and also has background in building and repairing scopes.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
akdwivedi

Post by akdwivedi »

Airconvent wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am You can go to the Astro-scientifc at the Science Centre to ask Albert if he can repair it. He is the authorized dealer for Celestron in Singapore and also has background in building and repairing scopes.
Thank you, will try