Recommendation for 35mm film SLR camera

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Jingguo

Recommendation for 35mm film SLR camera

Post by Jingguo »

Hi guys. i'm going into astrophotography soon. Looking for a 35mm film slr camera. Any suggestion or recommendation?? Read that FM2 and F3HP are common for astrophotography but i'm not able to get a good price for them.
kayheem

Re: Recommendation for 35mm film SLR camera

Post by kayheem »

Jingguo wrote:Hi guys. i'm going into astrophotography soon. Looking for a 35mm film slr camera. Any suggestion or recommendation?? Read that FM2 and F3HP are common for astrophotography but i'm not able to get a good price for them.
Hi,

I think the trend is towards the digital SLRs now. The Canon 300D (which TG used to take all those nice pics) can be had for abt $1500 with a zoom lens for terrestrial use. The noise level is pretty decent even for higher ISO settings.

Kay Heem
MCYM

Post by MCYM »

Hi JinGuo

I second KayHeem's suggestion, but should not use TG results as reference, his results are quite extraordinary.

You might want to consider an dedicated autoguider first if you are serious about using film. It will save you a lot of nerve wreaking ordeal.
And will pave the way for fantastic images when you progress to digital CCD/DSLR.

In the end, it will cost about the same in light of sliding prices DSLR.

Matthew