Eq3-2 mount

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Jingguo

Eq3-2 mount

Post by Jingguo »

Any1 try using eq3-2 mount for astrophotography??
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I've try before... See below:
1) Planetary astrophotography is ok, since it use only very short exposure (I try before and it works).
2) Unguided piggyback wide field astrophotography should be ok for not so long exposure(depend on the lens focal length... I didn't try before, but should be ok).

Anyway, it is best to guide for this mount if you want exposure longer than 30second.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

hi

whats the biggest guidescope u can put on it and piggyback a 300mm lens without overloading the mount?

thanks
K.L. Lee
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I think any scope that come with this mount should be suitable as a guide scope.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

300mm f/4 or 300mm f/2.8? if we are talking about the f/2.8, forget abt it. the f/4 maybe a lightweight scope, nothing big here.

~MooEy~