USM NATIONAL ASTRONOMY CONVENTION 2005

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
kamayok3

Post by kamayok3 »

Hi,

The convention end at last. Very nice and also can meet a lot of amateur astronomers around Malaysia and singapore.

Matthew and Kochu, both are very nice guy. Nice to meet them!

Clear skies......
rizal

Post by rizal »

CK in action :)

Some others can be seen here
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Slight correction, Rizal.
That's my dad on the right and Tommy at left.

Anyway, saw tons of images from your falak website. I was very busy throughout the three days of the convention and didn't manage to go around taking images of visitors in action. Your photos fill up the gap.

Anyway, I hope all singastro members that managed to visit the convention have had a great time.

As for those who didn't, we have over 100 telescopes assembled for the main observation night, including a 16" SCT, 14"SCT, 12" Dob, few 10"SCT and 8"SCT, not to mention Matthew's 12" Refractor which I believed caused the cloudy sky in Penang. To strengthen my case, I was told by Kochu that the sky in Singapore was clear on that night!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Here is an image of Kochu entertaining the crowd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kamayok3

Post by kamayok3 »

hahaha....That's me with CK's father. Was having a discussion about the truss-tube design and usage! Nice guy though...:)
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

CK, any pictures of that 12" Dob?

:lol:
kamayok3

Post by kamayok3 »

I have it. I can send you the 12' dob photo on behalf of CK. Do you want it? Can I have your email add?
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

kamayok3 wrote:I have it. I can send you the 12' dob photo on behalf of CK. Do you want it? Can I have your email add?
yeah...send it to me at vincent@mgdigital.com.sg

Thanks!
rizal

Post by rizal »

Hi CK,
Unfortunately , I wasn't there that day . Saving $$ to get my first scope . :( So I read it from the Falak website (not mine) and it was stated Mr. Lim -so my obvious guess it was you :)
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Vincent,
No, the 12" is not completed yet. The woodwork is still with the carpenter. I didn't want to rush my carpenter to complete the woodwork before astro convention. He usually made some small but critical mistakes along the way and I am not counting on him to get it done before the convention.
Once getting back the woodwork, it may take up to a month for assembly, as this is the first 12" scope I assemble.
After two month, my 6" truss tube is just OK and there is still room for improvement. So, the 12" would take some time before I can iron out all issue.
I would like to apologize for the long delay is completion of the scope. I don't want to rush thing and produce unacceptable products.

I hope you'll understand.

Regards,
CK