NEW OBERWEK GIANT 22X100 ASTRO-BINO

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

ariefm71 wrote:
Hi there,

Not a Go/No go affair, but an affair which you may need helpers and helpers may not always be there for you, always end up me and myself to move all the gadgets to & back!
A trolley might help to carry the mount :-)
Actually, the bulk of the weight is your eq mount, the C8 weighs 5.5kg only and fits nicely into a 45ltr backpack. Use a giro or unistar mount and a medium duty surveyor tripod. Total weight of all this setup will be about 12kg only.
Unfortunately, my telescope is mounted onto a mild steel pier for stability, and there are a cluster of 4 telescopes included guide scope and finders c/w 4 nos. of counter weight 3.7kg x 4nos.
Because of all those equipments, you spent more time setting up than you can sit back and relax to the beauty of the heaven. That is why an Astro bino will be the next alternative, unless I can build an observatory and house all my equipment without transporting them, I am thinking of selling them away to fund my new bino and mount, just go back to the simple way of astronomy.
:wink:
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Just sell away the guide scopes and mild steel pier, keep the C8, finder and get a normal tripod... then you got your light-weight setup. More useful than a 100mm bino in singapore.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

Very good sugggestion indeed, may be I should forgo all the extra scopes and just mount my C8 onto something as what has been mentioned; a simple altz mount without all the xtra weight.
I think the key point is to enjoy ourself by gazing at the stars rather to endure all the weight which at this juncture does not contribute to any thing constructive. :roll: