Canon announce Canon 20D for Astrophotography - Canon 20Da

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Canon announce Canon 20D for Astrophotography - Canon 20Da

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Canon just announce a special 20D for Astrophotography - Canon 20Da. But it will only be available in Japan.

Anyway, according to their website, which is in japenese language, but got some chinese character... I think the main difference is:
1) it is 2.5 times more sensitive in H-Alpha than a normal digital camera... meaning the internal IR-cut filter is remove.

2) it can focus through the LCD and has a 10 times and 5 times magnification mode(I think so) for accurate focusing.

The japanese website is:
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eosd/20da/index.html

Those who understand japanese may want to read the website and see if I give the correct information or not... :P

So, any of our expert astrophotographer getting one??? :)

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Q
Administrator

!!!

Post by Q »

haha, this is a joke...

I meant i believe it but the jokes on those who have modified... haha
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Found a translation of the Canon website into english:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... index.html

Seem like it got a new custom function to reduce noise further for long exposure.

Anyway, the ability to view live image at 5 times and 10 times magnification will be quite useful when focusing.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
JY

Post by JY »

That's very interesting !
Thanks for the links,

Jean-Yves