Jupiter & saturn

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
AGMI

Jupiter & saturn

Post by AGMI »

this is my first time photographing them without using hand (ok lah i jus tape the cam to the eyepiece...5mm plossl..) pls tell me how i can improve..thks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do You Believe That Forks Are Evolved From Spoons?
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

i think you have done a good job, Allan. You can further improve of this by stacking multiple frames. Most planetary images would stack sometimes up to 700 frames within a short period to enhance the signal to noise ratio. Have you downloaded Registax version 2? It is a great freeware for this sort of thing. I have just purchased the Toucam II for planetary imaging, and hope to spend some time dwelling in this form of imaging.
Good luck!
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

stacked already...just that i forgot to fine focus :k-_-:
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

It's a good first effort!

Does your camera have a video mode? You might want to use the video mode to capture images.

For focusing, you can set your camera to infinity, then what I do is I use a clothes peg on my focuser to do fine adjusting. Works like a charm.
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

uhh my mount no tracking so quite hard to track.....