Newbie Planetary Imaging w/o tracking

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
duskdawn
Favourite scope: SkyWatcher 200p Classic

Newbie Planetary Imaging w/o tracking

Post by duskdawn »

Jupiter!

Skywatcher 200P Classic OTA + DIY Dob. mount
ZWO ASI224MC + 2x Barlow
70% of ~1000 frames captured, centered, stacked and processed in Firecapture, PIPP, AS!3, and Registax6 respectively.

Was waiting all night for the GRC to appear before spotting the encroaching cumulus clouds. Luckily, in a last ditch effort to salvage the session I managed to capture about a minute(?) of Jupiter, before those pesky clouds marched between us. It honestly turned out better than I could ever imagine in spite of my poor processing skills.

If anybody's interested in processing, PLEASE drop me a pm. I'd be more than glad to send the stacked .tif file to you!

Fun Fact: This is my first (out of 3) planetary image that is coloured because not once before this had I captured with the correct debayer settings.
Last edited by duskdawn on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duskdawn
Favourite scope: SkyWatcher 200p Classic

Re: Newbie Planetary Imaging w/o tracking

Post by duskdawn »

cranked the saturation up using GIMP, image looks noticeably better!
Last edited by duskdawn on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Newbie Planetary Imaging w/o tracking

Post by Airconvent »

Hi,
You did not attach an image file, is only a dynamic link. You need to navigate till you see the link end with .jpg.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets