Group Buy: The Backyard Astronomer's Guide (4th Edition)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
byang

Group Buy: The Backyard Astronomer's Guide (4th Edition)

Post by byang »

Hi everyone, 9 years ago I did a mini group buy on this forum for the 3rd edition of this book. The 4th and latest edition was released in Sep 2021 but the price has always been on the high side.

However, I have just discovered that currently there is a promotion of 10% discount off the price of S$59.60 if I order 3 copies and above so I would like to know if anyone would be interested to order together with me. The discounted price would be S$53.64 (based on the current listed price of S$59.60 at Amazon SG)

If you don't mind collecting from my place when it arrives (shipping takes about 10 days from the order date), please add your name to the list below:

1) byang
2) traveler (can help to collect on behalf of those staying in Bukit Batok or Bukit Gombak)
3) Alfred (can collect for those staying near Bukit Batok and thereafter can collect from him at Beauty World MRT station)
4)
5)

To keep this group buy manageable, I am limiting the order to 5 books and so long we have 3 slots filled up, this group buy will proceed. I do not know how long will the discount of 10% be offered so please do not take too long to decide!

Kindly note that I need payment to be made via paynow/bank transfer before I place the order. Not that I am worried you could not pay but just to avoid no show.

The other thing to note is that as was discovered in the previous group buy, the books may arrive with slight dent at the corners due to packaging issue with Amazon so please do not join this group buy if you absolutely want the book to be in perfect condition. Thank you for your understanding and below is the link to our previous group buy for your reference (how time flies!)

viewtopic.php?t=12223
Last edited by byang on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
byang

Re: Group Buy: The Backyard Astronomer's Guide (4th Edition)

Post by byang »

Just to add, if anyone knows of a better offer, please share it here and I will call off the group buy as we can all get from the new source instead!
Last edited by byang on Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler

Post by Traveler »

1) byang
2) traveler
3)
4)
5)
byang

Post by byang »

Thanks Traveler, just one more and this group buy will be a GO!
yltansg
Favourite scope: Borg 76 + Solar Scope SF50

Post by yltansg »

1) byang
2) traveler
3) Alfred
4)
5)
Thks
byang

Post by byang »

Thanks for the support traveler & Alfred, please check your PM for further details on the group buy!

For those who are interested to join in, please add your names to the remaining slots before 2359hr on 3 Oct 2022 as we have already reached the minimum quantity to qualify for the discount and I would like to place the order ASAP before the promotion discount is removed. Thank you
byang

Post by byang »

Come come, the book can keep you occupied during this cloudy/rainy season while all your other astro gears stay shut in the dry cabinets! :-p
byang

Post by byang »

Order placed! Instead of Amazon, we ordered from Book Depository as I received a 10% discount coupon from BD last night and each book now costs S$51.90 with free delivery as well. Hope this info is useful to those who wish to order on their own :-)
byang

Post by byang »

Books have arrived and collected. Thanks again to Alfred and Traveler for supporting this micro group buy. Saving aside, I am also glad to have this opportunity to meet up and chat with you guys for the first time. Happy reading!
yltansg
Favourite scope: Borg 76 + Solar Scope SF50

Post by yltansg »

Thanks for sourcing for the best price and doing the order, Beng Yew. Great chit-chat too.

Take care.

Alfred