WTS: Rare Vintage 1974 Questar 3.5" Standard Telescope

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
tkara
Favourite scope: Celestron NexStar

WTS: Rare Vintage 1974 Questar 3.5" Standard Telescope

Post by tkara »

Here is a gently used Questar "Standard" model 3.5" telescope that I purchased new in 1974. It is in excellent working condition.
The American made Questar telescopes have for more than sixty years conveyed fun and awe by means of their innovation and state of the art precision construction. Imitated but still not yet equaled, these are the finest Catadioptric (mirror-lens) telescopes ever in production. They have been highly evolved to take advantage of technology improvements over the decades, yet without compromising those attributes that make them uniquely attractive to their owners.

This instrument has the vitreous ceramic ("Cer-Vit") mirror that minimizes optical changes due to temperature fluctuations. It also has the broad-band and low-reflection coatings that improve the optical performance. It comes in the original leather case with all of the original standard accessories, plus many optional items. It weighs just 7 pounds (12 with case) so it is compact and easy to carry. The Standard slips out of its carrying case and can be used "as-is" for general viewing in altazimuth mode.

Included the legs to convert it to a polar-equatorial mount for celestial viewing. The base has a 1/4"-20 threaded fitting so that it can also be mounted securely on a tripod. The built-in synchronous motor drive keeps it in sync with the earth's rotation to maintain your viewing subject in the field of view.

This unit shows no wear and will be shipped in the original "drum" shipping container that it came in.
I last used this telescope to view the eclipse in 2017 and it worked fine.

Asking $2000 shipped or best offer. PM if interested (SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY)
moyusoff44@gmail.com
Favourite scope: TMB ss

Re: WTS: Rare Vintage 1974 Questar 3.5" Standard Telescope

Post by moyusoff44@gmail.com »

Hi,

If you still have this scope available, please whatsapp me 9sixsix32six97.
Thank you.

Mo