c8 focusing situation

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

moon shot at speed 1/250, ISO 1600
f10, prime focus, d70, not to bad
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

moon shot best, f10, prime focus, speed 1/1000
ISO 1600,
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

I do note that the pic gets with a higher shutter speed. This may be due to both shutter vibration and apparent movement of the moon. Try using a focal reducer (F/6.3) with ISO 800 and speed 1/1000, 1/1500, 1/2000.

Kay Heem
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

after using arief pier, the pictures were more tolerable at 1/200 speed, same prime focus, f10. This picture is totally unedited.

I noted vibration each time i touch the scope, is it normal?

The magnification is (with a d70 prime focus which is about 50mm) about 80. I still think there is some shakiness on the scope, which i cannot solve, is it normal?

Any C8 user experience shakiness?
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

How was the camera triggered? Self-timer? Mirror lock-up? Finger-on-shutter? Remote control?

Kay Heem
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Mirror lock-up?
D70 don't have mirror lock-up... :(
The magnification is (with a d70 prime focus which is about 50mm) about 80. I still think there is some shakiness on the scope, which i cannot solve, is it normal.
Yes.. I think it is quite normal that the image will shake if you tap on the scope... Remember you are actually operating on the edge of the mount loading capacity. OK for visual, but may be too much for astrophotography. That's why I change to a C5 for astrophotography, so that the load is around 75% of my GP mount loading capacity. Also, try using a vibration suppression pad... I found it to very useful.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

I just got a counter weight from Albert of TASOS, will let you know what is the outcome,
Basically, the refractors are better for astroPhoto works, i am just toying with the C8. somehow, the image no-matter-what is never focus due to the image that is baffling through the baffle tube, visual back etc. Also notice a white spot on a day photography, which is quite annoying.

The trigering is by wireless remote.

Due to lack of mirror lock, after each trigger, will have to wailt for 2-3 sec to get stable image before refiring.