bluish hue at edge??

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
oxygn

bluish hue at edge??

Post by oxygn »

Hi guys,

I tried imaging jupiter again but the result doesnt seem to be better even after collimation just b4 imaging. I still have a problem with jupiter. there is some blueish-blackish tinge at the top right edge of the globe. i sweat it all out for focusing liao and this seems to be the best for me. can''t get it any sharper. is there a prob with my optics??or webcam settings?

setup:

2x barlow before diagonal, diagonal, webcam.

Should i remove the diagonal??

have a look.
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.p ... 500/page/1

Thanks alot guys=)
tanguan2001

Post by tanguan2001 »

The fringe is probably atmospheric dispersion. Only solution is to shift on eof the colour channels slightly during image processing to correct the registration of the 3 colours.

TG
oxygn

Post by oxygn »

Thanks TG. is there anyway my C5 can capture the details in the belts? or is this the best i can get? just featureless bands?

Thanks again
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Oxygn,

Not sure about the diagonal, but maybe try putting the barlow after the the diagonal.

Did you take Jupiter when it was overhead?

I'm sure more detail can be achieved.

The problem might be in the stacking. What program do you use? A slight misalignment in the registration can result in blurring and lost of details.

Cheers,Chris
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Thanks TG. is there anyway my C5 can capture the details in the belts? or is this the best i can get? just featureless bands?

Thanks again
What is the exposure time and the number of images you stack?? I think the exposure time may be too long.

Just looking at chris yeo jupiter images using his ETX90RA, I think your C5 should be able to at least achieve that, right?? So, IMHO, you just have to be more patient and try out using different setting to get that "Magic" combination for your C5.

By the way, I think it best that you don't use the diagonal if possible, because you'll be adding one more component in your imaging equation... unless you need more magnification.

Happy imaging and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
oxygn

Post by oxygn »

thanks guys for our reply.

Jupiter was slightly pass overhead when i imaged it.

exposure time was 1/33 like that and i stacked about 1200 frames.

hmm...was looking at the optics of my barlow, and the coating seems to be smeared leh. Hihz, not sure if that's the cause of it.

Anyway thanks guys for ou imputs