Sticky layer on corrector plate

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi Weixing,
That's interesting. Disadvantage I suppose of having the screws too accessible is people may eventually be tempted to push the collimation a little more closer to perfection , with disastrous results.

rich
Yes Rich, that is very true ! I did do it with the Orion 102 MCT when I owned one in the past - with disastrous results ! ... It's really not easy to collimate a Mak even with all the instructions laid down from A-Z. You need to turn each screw with respect to the others (usually, there are a total of 6 screws). You really need lots of patience for the task.
Samuel Ng
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

Heard that Mr Aw recently(actually quite long ago..), collimated carole's C90..He said it was so good that he could pump it to 1000X!!!!!

I was curious, when the design of MC came up, what was the original intention? To make it a scope design that didnt require collimation, or was it later when the manufacturers decide so?

Any reknown MCT in observatories?
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Who is Mr Au?
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

1000x is venturing into the domain of department store scopes... :) wat you see will be a big blob of light... heheh

What Mr Au probably meant was that he collimated Carole's scope at 1000x

Anyway, Mr Au is a veteran in Singapore's astrononmy scene, well-known for his interesting talks on astronomy and his passion -- some say fetish -- for collimating scopes. :)
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

WHo is Carole
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

chris shaw wrote:WHo is Carole
As per earlier posts, a lady who owns a C90...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

If you've visited Astro Sci, Carole is the lady who is around in the shop most of the time and she is also usually the one who answers your calls to Astro Sci.
Samuel Ng