Sky-Watcher 120mm F8.3 Achromatic Refractor OTA

Bought a new toy? How about writing a review for it? Post it here!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
you mean FOUR ?
The fourth one is a change of owner... hmm... do that count?? hee hee hee :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

c,r,l,d...all of them got new ones right?
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
c,r,l,d...all of them got new ones right?
Who is c??? :roll: :roll:

By the way, all new scope owner, please remember to update the equipment database... hee hee hee

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

Well, I guessed it! The sudden thunderstorm yesterday didn't come from nowhere! I expect it to see virgin light this weekend! Please specify date and time!
Hey guys, why not Andrew bring the new RED one, Weixing bring the new Blue one, and David & I bring the new WHITE ones to Dempsey for ob this Saturday 19 Nov 05 at 9pm?
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hey guys, why not Andrew bring the new RED one, Weixing bring the new Blue one, and David & I bring the new WHITE ones to Dempsey for ob this Saturday 19 Nov 05 at 9pm?
Anyone got the Green one (is Andrew Vixen VC in Green??)?? So that we get R + G + B = W ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, ok if I can find transportation... :) :) :)

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Sorry, my VC is white. Only the ones sold in US are green. Dunno why..

I'll be bringing my black ED100. Heh..

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Do a quick first light with Richard Low and Clement Goh tonight... weather was bad, but manage to do a quick star test, observe Mars and Moon.

We manage to find one star that is still visible under the bad weather, so we do a quick star test. The star test show that the scope may have some spherical aberration... other than that, we didn't notices any other obvious problem. Anyway, the weather was bad and the scope haven't cool down yet, so can't confirm anything yet... will wait for a clear night and do a better star test... before that, read more on star test first... hee hee =P =P

The view on the Mars and the Moon was not bad, the low contrast area is slightly better than my newtonian as I expected. The colour correction is a lots better than what I expected and the scope seem to perform better as it start to cool down.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the scope and it seem to perform better than I expected... Now, where is my clear night??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

By the way, I took a few quick images on the moon (took through some thick clouds) and below are two of them. Taken using eyepiece projection with UO Ortho 12.5mm and no processing had been done except resize the image for uploading.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Gosh, your avatar certainly put thing in perspective. That OTA is huge! :shock: :D
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Sat, i will be flying to Aussie....would have been happy to join the 3 mewlon musketeers...and the rest, really like to see weixing 120R,
reminds me of my C4r.
Cheeyiun
denebman

Post by denebman »

wucheeyiun wrote:Sat, i will be flying to Aussie....would have been happy to join the 3 mewlon musketeers...and the rest, really like to see weixing 120R,
reminds me of my C4r.
Cheeyiun
D'Artagnan is absent. :(
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600