Found dark observing site in Bedok North

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

jermng wrote:
soulfrost wrote: eh hehe.. i have an evil plan. lets blow em all out on xmas. there. xmas gift to yourself - at the xmas work expense of the guys repairing it. :twisted: XD
Erm .... I think it's best to watch what you post online ... The Police Technology Department has been very active in getting pple who say the wrong things online ... =) If anything remote goes wrong on Xmas day ... and something blows up (even if it's one row of street lamps)... they might just question you ... =) Just like what we say in the police force - you can do everything and anything, just make sure nothing happens .... - you can say anything you want ... just hope nothing related to what you say happens, or it'll be investigated ... =)

Clear Skies,
Jeremy Ng
SPF
you dont happen to be a police man are you? o.o''

*feels a shiver down spine.... :roll: "

antares2063 , will taking 87 all the waybe the same as the mrt?
thanks btw! ts really nice of u( and u guys . your advices are really useful , be it about the police or the skys..)
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

Hi Soulfrost,

If bus 87 ends at Bedok bus interchange, yes its the same. The MRT and bus interchange are basically next to each other.

Best regards,
Junwei
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
antares2063

Sun halo seen on 25/12/05 3pm-5pm

Post by antares2063 »

Hi all,

Yesterday I was with Andrew at blk 215A, and the sun happened to have a huge halo around it, below are the pics. The innermost ring is reddish, the outermost is blue/violet.

Taken using Nikon coolpix 4500, with a Neutral density filter black taped to the front of it, heh, and Manfrotto 055pro + 410 head. Edited with Photoshop to make the halo more visible. Its definitely easier to see it with the eyes than to take pics of it.

Best regards,
Junwei
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by antares2063 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antares2063

Halo pics

Post by antares2063 »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
antares2063

Post by antares2063 »

Last set of pics
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

dont exactly get teh pic's idea. mind explaining ?
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
dont exactly get teh pic's idea. mind explaining ?
He is using his hand to block out the sun, so that the halo around the sun he mention can be image.

Anyway, the halo in the last image is more obvious.

By the way antares2063, please create a new topic next time when you got new thing to post but not related to any of the current topic. :)

Thanks and have a nice day.
Last edited by weixing on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
owm

Post by owm »

I believe antares fingers are pointing towards the halo visible in all the pictures. Resembles the top perimeter of a glass cup with light striking off it.
antares2063

Post by antares2063 »

Hi Weixing,

Ok, I will create a new post the next time. I was just afraid of unnecessarily creating a new subject post, so I decided to post it back here since I was taking those pics at the carpark anyway. hehe...

Soulfrost & Weixing: Yes , Weixing is correct. I had to use my hand to block out the sun or else I wont be able to take a pic of it. It will just become too overexposed. I was also afraid the sun may even "fry and cook" my digital camera and cause it to spoil if I pointed at it for too long. The halo itself is very huge, and there is no way I can take different sections of it without having the sun partially inside.

Ovm: Hmm I didnt realise my fingers was pointing at the halo, that was not my intention =P. Anyway, for those who saw it in the sky that day, the halo in the sky can be seen as a complete circular ring. In my pictures, the halo is around my fingers and palm, just that I wasnt able to take a picture of the entire halo in just 1 shot because of its huge size.

Best regards,
Junwei
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Can you bring me to the place, i am interested to bring my r200ss scope to play there with my GOTO! woah, look really unobstructed, i can recommend my republic poly astronomers to go there for a night session. Can drop by your number or anything so i can make arrangement with you? since u know the place well, hehe....

~Jin Peng from Republic Poly Astronomy~