Bino

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
jermng

Post by jermng »

You want to see if some of the shops still have some remaiining stock in store?

Or if you want, I sell you mine for $500 ... HAHAHA
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
rlow

Post by rlow »

Hmm... I went to a shop to ask about the price of a Minolta binocular, they told me that Minolta Singapore had just clear all their stock of binocular...
Similar situation for Pentax binos, which I asked 2 weeks ago.
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

hm.... since you guys brought up the topic on binos, for a budget if $150, which brand of 7x50 binos would you guyz suggest to buy?

~Jin Peng~
jermng

Post by jermng »

Hi,
Just a suggestion to admin and mods ... can we start a "Binocular Astronomy" sub-forum since this seems to generate quite abit of interest. Anyway, other than the topics already discussed in the thread, there are alot of other things related to Binos which do not necessary mean the same thing to scope users .. :)

Just a suggestion.
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
klutz

Post by klutz »

The other alternative would be when I go to Changi/Tampines to ob with WX ... then you can join us ...
That would be best... :D
oh...first time I noticed you are actually a "she"..
from your previous avatar, I thought you are some sort of heavy metal singer

anyway, if your husband is concerned about your safety, the best solution is to buy a bino and go to the rooftop of your multistorey car park to observe. arm yourself with a ground sheet , maybe an inflatable support pillow. that way, your husband can see you...
My previous Avatar (Eminem) is one of my fav idol lah :)... My flat here has got no multistorey carpark, else I would have sugget to WX to obb here le... :(
Hi,
Hmm... I went to a shop to ask about the price of a Minolta binocular, they told me that Minolta Singapore had just clear all their stock of binocular... I just wonder did the binocular business also sold to Sony since it under the photographics product divion which sold to Sony??

Hope they don't stop the binoculars business or hope Sony will continue it if it'll go under Sony in the future.
Weixing, support Nikon ba... Nikon also has very good Bino... :D I have been thinking... perhaps I should get a Nikon...

By the way, I met up with Junwei again last night (secretly... hahaha). He showed me his Russion 10x50 scope, with mount/tripod. We've only manged to obb for less than 20min before the sky was filled with clouds again. This time, he showed me the Crux. :) I do not have any problem with that scope. No double image, very slight tail etc. It was VERY clear and bright! I'm really impress with his tripod!

Cheers,
Kat

PS : Help me pray for the clouds to clear tonite... I dun want WX to cancel the session...
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

looks like wx will cancel his session today...bad skies...
last night was surprising very transparent inspite of the clouds between 10pm to 12 am....
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
klutz

Post by klutz »

looks like wx will cancel his session today...bad skies...
last night was surprising very transparent inspite of the clouds between 10pm to 12 am....
Yah, cancelled... so disappointed... I've even prepared some kueh pie tee for him... :p

Last night, we ob at midnight (Bino). Managed for less than 20mins before all the altocumulus clouds start to form. Missed the clear sky during the earlier hour due to class gathering. :(

明晚会更好!
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Rlow's 10x42 Nikon Monarch binoc is very good. The field is so flat that it seems as though you are seeing stars on an LCD monitor. The exit pupil is 4.2mm which is small and hence better for people who have astigmatism. The binoc is also very lightweight and will give you a better view since you can hold it steadier.
klutz

Post by klutz »

Rlow's 10x42 Nikon Monarch binoc is very good. The field is so flat that it seems as though you are seeing stars on an LCD monitor. The exit pupil is 4.2mm which is small and hence better for people who have astigmatism. The binoc is also very lightweight and will give you a better view since you can hold it steadier.
Yah, I'm waiting for my Jap friend's reply on the Nikon Bino... I ask him to introduce me some good Nikon Bino for star observation. :) After that, I'm gonna try Mcgill's bino too. S$99 really does sound attractive :D

Regards