Astro Bargains Apr '06

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
astrobargains
Vendor

Astro Bargains Apr '06

Post by astrobargains »

Astro Bargains
Date: 30 Mar 06

COOL ASTRONOMY PRODUCTS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES !

This is Messier Marathon season !! Do you have all you need to maximize the number of objects that you can bag in a night ? It’s also the time when the solar eclipse happens, but not in this region :-(;

For this month, we have the very popular Coronado PSTs on offer for only $1019. Stocks have been snapping up even before they were put on sale, so do reserve yours fast ! We also have the Canon 15x50 Image Stabilizing Binoculars that are a dream to own. The Stabilizing function makes the binos feel as though they are solidly mounted even though they are hand-held, and stars resolve to pin-point detail.....absolutely amazing technology. We also have William Optics' binoviewer packages, as well as Meade's new DSI II, which has a larger chip and improved performance over its predecessor.

We still have stock on bargain filters from Orion, including variable polarizers, filter sets, SkyGlow and UltraBlock filters for both 1.25" as well as 2" !! We also have eyepieces, collimators, and focal reducers from Meade, Orion, and Televue. For those who want only the best, we've got the Televue 3-6mm Click Stop Nagler Zooms !! Imagine having a pair of these in your binoviewers !! We also have some motor drives and upgrade kits for manual equatorial mounts.

We still have several telescopes on offer, including a very portable 80mm refractor "computerised backpack observatory" from Meade for only $719 !! Or if you'd like a larger aperture newtonian, there's a Meade 114mm version complete with Level North Technology for only $864 !! Finally, for the purist, we also have the Orion ED100 apochromatic refractor on a Skyview Pro mount with dual drive for only $2879 !!

Do come on over to our website to see our full list of products as well as April's promotions !! As always, If we don't have what you need, we'll be glad to provide a quote and order your items for you.

www.astrobargains.com

Our mission is to make astronomy more affordable for the Singapore Amateur Astronomy Community, so we value any and all feedback as to how we are doing. Email us at Astro.Bargains@gmail.com. Help us spread the word, and thanks for all your support ! :lol:
Astro Bargains
See More for Less !!
http://www.astrobargains.com
sales@astrobargains.com
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

I would like to ask...why is that William Optics 2" Dielectric so expensive at SGD$394?

That's equivalent to US$243!

It is selling at their website (or even can buy it from Taiwan) at US$148.

McGill is no better selling them at SGD$430.

Please consider your pricings. I understand that you guys have a margin to make, but certainly not to the extend of catching newbies unaware and ripping them off like in the example above.
astrobargains
Vendor

Post by astrobargains »

VinSnr wrote:I would like to ask...why is that William Optics 2" Dielectric so expensive at SGD$394?

That's equivalent to US$243!

It is selling at their website (or even can buy it from Taiwan) at US$148.

McGill is no better selling them at SGD$430.

Please consider your pricings. I understand that you guys have a margin to make, but certainly not to the extend of catching newbies unaware and ripping them off like in the example above.
Hi VinSnr,

Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback and for pointing out our oversight. It is certainly not our intention to "rip off" newbies. The reason it happened was that WO dropped their prices over the past 6 months from US$199 to US$168 and just recently to $148. I believe they did so due to competitive pressure. As Astrobargains is not a dealer for WO, we do not have the advantage of price protection, and of course our stocks don't move that fast :-P

That being said, we do need to stay competitve. So we will reduce the price of the WO dielectrics to $319 !! Please reference this posting when making your purchase until the website and price list gets updated. I hope this is a good bargain for those looking for a top quality dielectric that will last a lifetime !
Astro Bargains
See More for Less !!
http://www.astrobargains.com
sales@astrobargains.com
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

that is wat i call a gd Vendor
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

My experiences with Astrobargains have been positive and I find their prices quite reasonable.

I think retailers need a certain margin because there is always going to be some stock that is not sold for a very long time or not at all, which adds to the overall cost. Plus, need to make a profit to make the enterprise worthwhile.

My experiences with The Physical Space have been very good too. Let's support local retailers where we can!

I recently had a bad episode with an American dealer, Digital Foto Discount, because the item arrived damaged and they didn't want to give me a full refund, even after padding up all the way on shipping and cutting out my insurance. That btw, was my only bad exprience with American or other overseas dealers. It was all ok in the transactions before that. However, if one can get an item in stock from a local dealer then it usually saves a lot of hassle and potential problems.
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

I have bought a scope and several eyepieces from Astrobargains and their prices are not more expensive compared to other sources. I find the service provided to be excellent and the best part of this is the goods are available for you to assess before you buy, unlike ordering from overseas.

I am sure those who purchase over the internet will shop around for the best deal...and you will find Astrobargains to be very reasonable.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

siahheng wrote:I have bought a scope and several eyepieces from Astrobargains and their prices are not more expensive compared to other sources. I find the service provided to be excellent and the best part of this is the goods are available for you to assess before you buy, unlike ordering from overseas.

I am sure those who purchase over the internet will shop around for the best deal...and you will find Astrobargains to be very reasonable.
Nothing against any vendor here, but the admins have an obligation to voice out if the prices of any items are way out of the line.

The vendors need to understand that they are allowed to advertise here for free and as such, they should pass whatever "savings" back to the forumers.