Leonids shower..

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Devilname

Leonids shower..

Post by Devilname »

Anyone saw any meteorite this morning? It was predicted in many websites that this morning around 3am was one of the peak hours. I saw only two, but they were big ones.
Predict the skys! :wink:
..Animated recent 15-hour satellite images..
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~reality7/b.html
adree

Post by adree »

I saw a few really faint ones... that's about it. Kinda disappointing, was hopping to see more. Last year's shower to me was better. Saw about 10-15 per hr.

Adrian
" Boundaries don't hold us. Don't let them hold you. The only boundary is your imagination. "
ykchia

Post by ykchia »

Hi:

Its meteor not meteorite...

No visual activity detected from my location in woodlands from 130am to 2:20am. Sky was pretty bright with the gibbous moon. The main stars were out - Orions, Gems (Moon/Saturn), Canis Major, Auriga...

No fireballs - yet to review the DV tape though. While I sleep a watec902H /camera was recording the sky on a 3 hrs tape using a preprogrammed six-head video cassete recorder.

rgds
yK
www.ykchia.com
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

ykchia wrote:Hi:
No fireballs - yet to review the DV tape though. While I sleep a watec902H /camera was recording the sky on a 3 hrs tape using a preprogrammed six-head video cassete recorder.
hi yk,
heh heh.... talk about automated photography system!... :lol:
hope you captured something...being in the hobby 2 years and still have not seen my first meteor shower...the odd one here and there, yes but not a shower..

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets