starville condo, gimmick or possibility?

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Lee wrote:The 7"LX200 is on loan till the 'open house' ceases.
Should have been the Meade 16" LX200 GPS on display but Budget
constraint !!!

Expects at least a 14" SCT GOTO on a 4m Observatory, basic accessories
for CCD imaging, S/W, scheduled training & probably vendor maintenance for at least a year upon commissioning. After which the
Condo management will take over.

Wee Kiong
HI Wee Kiong,
Are you saying the originally wanted to buy a 16" but changed to a 14" due to budget constraints? I take it you will not deliver the 14" until at least TOP?
Does the management provide a trained caretaker or is multiple kid's fingerprints on the corrector plate a part of the standard package??
I suppose one would have to be trained before allowing to touch the scope right? Imagine a goodu using his hands to manually move the OTA against its gears!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Airconvent wrote:
Lee wrote:The 7"LX200 is on loan till the 'open house' ceases.
Should have been the Meade 16" LX200 GPS on display but Budget
constraint !!!

Expects at least a 14" SCT GOTO on a 4m Observatory, basic accessories
for CCD imaging, S/W, scheduled training & probably vendor maintenance for at least a year upon commissioning. After which the
Condo management will take over.

Wee Kiong
HI Wee Kiong,
Are you saying the originally wanted to buy a 16" but changed to a 14" due to budget constraints? I take it you will not deliver the 14" until at least TOP?
Does the management provide a trained caretaker or is multiple kid's fingerprints on the corrector plate a part of the standard package??
I suppose one would have to be trained before allowing to touch the scope right? Imagine a goodu using his hands to manually move the OTA against its gears!

Just a Note : The scope can either be a Meade or a Celestron or even
any other brands.

Yes, from 16" to 14" cause the 14" only less than 1/2 of the 16".
Yes, delivery of scope is only upon TOP and guess what they actually
wanted me to deliver the scope for the 'open house' and KEEP it till
TOP. Unfortunately at that time on stock.

Probably the management will request for resident volunteer for the
upkeep of the scope.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

huh, cost constrain? they earn millions of dollars on that condo, err.. make that billion and now we are toking abt cutting a few thousand dollars of cost. look, if transportation was never a concern, i dunno how many of us astronomers will be owning 18inch and bigger scopes.

~MooEy~