VIXEN SKYPOD GOTO ASTRONOMICAL TELESCOPE

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

Hi Fellow Astronomers:

Mcgill Commercial House is proud to announce the long awaiting ...

"Vixen - SKYPOD" Goto Telescope

Will be here in early June 2006, we are the first country outside Japan to have the opportunity to view this amazing goto telescope with the Vixen precision "Starbook" tracking software.

Be the first to view this scope and take advantage of this high tech instrument with push button ease for your deep sky exploration!

Contact - Robin Low H/P: 9 456 6785 for appt. to view the product !
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: VIXEN SKYPOD GOTO ASTRONOMICAL TELESCOPE

Post by VinSnr »

lowrobin wrote: Hi Fellow Astronomers:

Will be here in early June 2006, we are the first country outside Japan to have the opportunity to view this amazing goto telescope with the Vixen precision "Starbook" tracking software.

Be the first to view this scope and take advantage of this high tech instrument with push button ease for your deep sky exploration!

got a picture?
hommel

Re: VIXEN SKYPOD GOTO ASTRONOMICAL TELESCOPE

Post by hommel »

VinSnr wrote:
lowrobin wrote: Hi Fellow Astronomers:

got a picture?

Maybe its this one..
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Yes. This is the one. I think we had a post on this previously. Anyway, the vixen japan website got more pictures: http://www.vixen.co.jp/HOME/HOME_produc ... KYPOD.html

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Looking at the japanese price, I bet this will be priced around S$2k. I wonder if McGill will sell the mount separate from the scope, quite a nice mount for 3-4" short fl refractor or 6" mak (maybe even a c8?).
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Should have a look at it!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen Skypod

Post by lowrobin »

ariefm71 wrote:Looking at the japanese price, I bet this will be priced around S$2k. I wonder if McGill will sell the mount separate from the scope, quite a nice mount for 3-4" short fl refractor or 6" mak (maybe even a c8?).
I try to make it cheap for a launching Price of just S$1,650.00 for Table Model as the one shown in the photo and $1,850.00 for Tripod Model. Sample arriving from Japan next week, pls sms me for a appointment to view, I can even bring it to a location where most interested parties can view.

A further discount of 5% will be given for group purchase of 5pcs and above.

Cheers ! :lol:

Robin Low - 9 456 6785
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Very tempting! :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

I try to make it cheap for a launching Price of just S$1,650.00 for Table Model as the one shown in the photo and $1,850.00 for Tripod Model.
mount only or with the 110mm mak shown?

arief
lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

ariefm71 wrote:
I try to make it cheap for a launching Price of just S$1,650.00 for Table Model as the one shown in the photo and $1,850.00 for Tripod Model.
mount only or with the 110mm mak shown?

arief
The price is for the whole set, should be here by next week, the scope is a 100mm dia MAK and the mounting method is actually secured by a dovetail like all other Vixen mounting, which means you can replace the scope with other smaller scope like the W.O. 66SD APO, but you need to purchase a Vixen Universal Dovetail Plate at $120.00 and you can be at your choice of scope.

Cheers :lol:

Robin Low