VIXEN SKYPOD GOTO ASTRONOMICAL TELESCOPE

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen SkyPod

Post by lowrobin »

wucheeyiun wrote:2 person can share to buy the scope, one take the Mak, and the other take the Mount.... :D
Good Idea, but you won't be enjoying the addition 5% discount for bulk purchase of 5 sets and above, unless 5 persons wanted the mount and 5 persons wanted the scope! Ha Ha :lol:

Robin Low
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Vixen SkyPod

Post by VinSnr »

lowrobin wrote:
VinSnr wrote:can we have it without the scope?
Hi Vincent,

The price is for a whole set, we can't sell it seperately, if you need only the mount, you can purchase the Sphinx Mount table model which will cost you almost $3000.00

Robin Low :lol:
Robin, can u check out how is the interface like between the mount head and the tripod. Can this mount head be mounted on normal camera tripod that has 3/8" screw?
lowrobin
Vendor

Re: Vixen SkyPod

Post by lowrobin »

VinSnr wrote:
lowrobin wrote:
VinSnr wrote:can we have it without the scope?
Hi Vincent,

The price is for a whole set, we can't sell it seperately, if you need only the mount, you can purchase the Sphinx Mount table model which will cost you almost $3000.00

Robin Low :lol:
Robin, can u check out how is the interface like between the mount head and the tripod. Can this mount head be mounted on normal camera tripod that has 3/8" screw?
Hi Vincent,

I have ordered a tripod model & a table tripod just for compare and will check the interface when I received the goods next week, i will release the findings in the forum as soon as I can get hold of the scope!

Cheers :D

Robin Low
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Wonder how the Mak will perform...hmmmmm....

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

it's a klevtsov cassegrain, btw, not a mak-cass...
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

arief, can you tell the forum what the diff amongst them, it will help. :D
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen SkyPod

Post by lowrobin »

VinSnr wrote:
wucheeyiun wrote:What is the payload of the Goto mount...can handle a FLT-110? ( aboutt 6kg)...
payload about 11lbs
Hi Vincent,

The weight of the mount and scope is abt 11kg, the payload is 5kg. it can only hold up to a 80mm refractor or a 135mm newtonian, event Sphinx Mount can only hold up to 10kg, this Skypod Mount is only meant for quick set up and light travelling purpose.

Pertaing to the optical design, Mak is a closed tube adesign and VMC is an open tube design, is a choice for individual observer to decide which design suits their requirement best.

Cheers :lol:

Robin Low
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

instead of a corrector plate, it uses a correcting meniscus lens ahead of the secondary mirror, which is hold by a 4-vane spider (curved in the case of vmc110 to reduce spikes)
HoO_Germany
Vendor

Post by HoO_Germany »

ariefm71 wrote:instead of a corrector plate, it uses a correcting meniscus lens ahead of the secondary mirror, which is hold by a 4-vane spider (curved in the case of vmc110 to reduce spikes)
...the light traspass the corrector twice where the inventor minds the image correction is ok.
Here http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Klevtsov-Teleskop.png is a image how the light traspass trough the corrector.

Clear skys
Robert
House of Optics Germany
Intes-Micro/Ylena/STF/LOMO/Synta
www.hoo-germany.de
e-mail: info(@)hoo-germany.de
Tel.: +49 2452 976144