Mersing Trip: 29th July

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
denebman

Post by denebman »

I did a lot of comparison between Mewlon 210 and tmb115 on terrestrial objects since I own both. When it comes to visual satisfaction and contrast, both are very close at medium to high power given the same magnification. Under the same exit pupil, tmb115 slightly outperforms Mewlon 210, producing a cleaner and more natural view.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
elton

Post by elton »

Canopus Lim wrote:Yup it will be interesting to compare all the scopes with same true FOV which would mean the Mewlon and C8 having lower magnification than the P8.
Same TFOV on same ep type (assuming same AFOV) will give same magnification right? Even at the same exit pupil, since the 3 scopes have roughly the same aperture, they should yield roughly the same magnification.

I suspect the C8's brighter sky background is partly due to Clement's rich field corrector. To get 80x he would probably have to use 2" eps or else use the RFC. Since his visual back is 1.25", the RFC was probably used that night. Also, his 2" erect image diagonal degrades the image further.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Oops I made a mistake in my last statement. The exit pupil and true TFOV (for same AFOV eyepiece) will be the same at same magnification since all the scopes are same aperture.

TFOV and exit pupil will be different for different aperture at same magnification. So guess it also depends on the different focal length eyepieces used in the test too. I think it will be interesting for scopes to be compared at same exit pupil and same TFOV. :)
AstroDuck
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Mersing 29 th M8

Post by kochu »

Hi ,

Image of M8 taken on 29 th at Mersing uploaded
http://www.singastro.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=516

Scope ';f4 Newt Courtsey Matthew, Mount Orion Atlas EQ6,Camera Canon 300 Mod , 11 shots of 1 min exp unguided.

Kochu/3-8-06
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
WOW! That's was nice... GSO 8" F4 Newtonian looks good... too bad, it just too heavy for me and my little GP mount... :(

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Word Count:

C8: 20
P8: 13
M8: 65(!)

Hmm.. am I detecting a bias here? :P
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
klutz

Post by klutz »

:) The stars in the background look very star!

Any more images taken by anybody?!?! I wanna show my friends!!!!
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

M8 thru C6

Post by kochu »

Hi,

Another image of M8 taken with Celestron 6 in refractor on Orion Atlas mount at Mersing on 29 th July. Camera Canon 300D Modified, 10 frames of 1 min each , ISO 1600 Jpeg, unguided.

Kochu

http://www.singastro.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=517
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MCYM

Post by MCYM »

This collaborative effort would not have been possible w/o Kochu's generous sharing of his solid mount and camera.

Anyway this my rendition with a short 6x1min of M8 under dark skies last Saturday. The depth attain supersedes what i have previously achieved under sg skies.
http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~audiowo ... 30-RGB.jpg

It was indeed fortuitous for everyone present in Mersing on that particular night and credit in no small part should goes to Chris for making the last trip a reality for many.
Hope to see more participants in future trips to Mersing.

Matthew
klutz

Post by klutz »

Anyway this my rendition with a short 6x1min of M8 under dark skies last Saturday. The depth attain supersedes what i have previously achieved under sg skies.
http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~audiowo ... 30-RGB.jpg
WOW :shock: Yours is so sharp!
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...