MC-EU1 Remote controller for Nikon Coolpix cameras

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

MC-EU1 Remote controller for Nikon Coolpix cameras

Post by Airconvent »

Just to let you those interested know, stocks for the controller are in and it can be found everywhere. Although Euwen mentioned the shop in Lucky Plaza sells for $130, I did not want to make a trip there, so bought it at $150 from Alan Photo in SLS instead today.
Can't wait to try it out when the sky is clear and the stars are out. Curious to know how it perform. I did a test image and the result was fairly noisy even for 36 sec exposure, which means I will not be able to reach the max 1 min exposure for DSOs like M7 without having a whitish output. The "noise reduction" setting did not help much.
Was also disappointed that for $150, all you get is a glorified cable release. There is actually very little capability for this device except for bulb mode control and zooming....too ex if you ask me.

Hope that once sky clears and the true Lord of the Rings is out, hope to set up next to Euwen and get some tips from him ...

:D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets