What is a Dob?

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Hey don't feel disappointed, my Argo Navis is giving me lots of problems too. haaa. But Elton has came to the rescue. Hopefully the problem is really solved. I will check it this sun. :P
AstroDuck
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Canopus Lim wrote:Hey don't feel disappointed, my Argo Navis is giving me lots of problems too. haaa. But Elton has came to the rescue. Hopefully the problem is really solved. I will check it this sun. :P
Hey, are you putting a Servo Cat into that scope? If it is, I wanna see the installation.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

No servocat.. no money for that. I put the DSC because I wanted locate objects by manual (by myself) or auto (by DSC). The DSC will help generate targets for me too and I need not think of what objects to find and in what order. Also, other people can find the objects by using the DSC.
AstroDuck
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Canopus Lim wrote:No servocat.. no money for that. I put the DSC because I wanted locate objects by manual (by myself) or auto (by DSC). The DSC will help generate targets for me too and I need not think of what objects to find and in what order. Also, other people can find the objects by using the DSC.
How come Obsession didn't install that Argo Navis for you?
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

It was installed. Just that the DSC was not powering up properly, so it had to be troubleshooted and replaced.
AstroDuck