Is This True?????????

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
hi Alvin,
i notice last Sat and Sun the the sky was so hazy when i bring my family to Sentosa...all the while i've been referring to Southern hemisphere sky chart,can someone tell me whether i'm rite or wrong looking at this chart or maybe i should look into the northern hemisphere sky chart?
That's depend on the star chart you are using... normally the star chart will indicate which one to use. For example, the star chart from the book "STARS AND PLANTS" by Ian Ridpath indicate that use southern hemisphere star chart for latitudes 0 - 40 degree south.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

hi Alvin and Weixing,

Thankyou so much for the info you guys give to me :D becoz everytime when I print out the monthly sky maps i dun know which one i should print,
so know then i know I should print both hemisphere northern and southern.... :)

thanks
amin.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

weixing wrote:the book "STARS AND PLANTS" by Ian Ridpath
I know both refer to the nature, but one grows on the ground while the other is high up on the sky billions of miles away! :lol:

Alternatively i prefer to introduce people to the cambridge sky atlas, because it is simple and the stars' spacing in between have accounted for the "curvature of our sky". with only 20 pages it's not hard to find what you need.