I wonder how this will look after processing...hm...

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
harlequin2902

I wonder how this will look after processing...hm...

Post by harlequin2902 »

Another clear night over Toa Payoh Central, so I set up the MN56 by the living room window and tried imaging Saturn for the first time with this new setup. Here is one of the pics I managed to get. I wonder how this will look after some decent processing...does it look like it has a potential to be "beautified" by registax ? (if it appears dark on your monitor, turn up the brightness a bit)

Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: I wonder how this will look after processing...hm...

Post by Airconvent »

harlequin2902 wrote:Another clear night over Toa Payoh Central, so I set up the MN56 by the living room window and tried imaging Saturn for the first time with this new setup. Here is one of the pics I managed to get. I wonder how this will look after some decent processing...does it look like it has a potential to be "beautified" by registax ? (if it appears dark on your monitor, turn up the brightness a bit)

Hi Sam,
It can be processed as can be see from Euwen's similar dim raw photos for his Martian attempt. However, all the photos needed to be aligned correctly for registrax to work. Since you do not have tracking, chances are the images will be too differentiated by the movement to be resolved.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi Sam,
It can be processed as can be see from Euwen's similar dim raw photos for his Martian attempt. However, all the photos needed to be aligned correctly for registrax to work. Since you do not have tracking, chances are the images will be too differentiated by the movement to be resolved.

rich
Yeah, I was too lazy to haul the entire setup downstairs, so I wasn't able to use the drives accurately since I was doing it from indoors. Looks like it's really time to get the MC-EU1 for shake free (I'm still using the self timer) and multiple shots.
Samuel Ng
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: I wonder how this will look after processing...hm...

Post by VinSnr »

harlequin2902 wrote:Another clear night over Toa Payoh Central, so I set up the MN56 by the living room window and tried imaging Saturn for the first time with this new setup. Here is one of the pics I managed to get. I wonder how this will look after some decent processing...does it look like it has a potential to be "beautified" by registax ? (if it appears dark on your monitor, turn up the brightness a bit)

Sam , how many shots u took?
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

I didn't use my drives, and it was difficult to keep things steady, so the best I managed before the clouds rolled in was about 15 seperate similar shots as the above.
Samuel Ng