Pentax DSLR

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

Thank you to all for your advice. :)

clear skies,

siah heng
gwenyi

Youtube video of Pentax K10D

Post by gwenyi »

hi , recently i've read about some posts by fellow singastro members on k10d. i happen to have stumbled on this video while on youtube. hopefully this provides potential and existing owners insights into this dslr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hjKijLOj9s
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I had move all the posts on the pentax DSLR to the same thread.
hi , recently i've read about some posts by fellow singastro members on k10d. i happen to have stumbled on this video while on youtube. hopefully this provides potential and existing owners insights into this dslr

Airconvent already post this already.

By the way, IMHO, the Pentax DSLR "Shake Reduction" is a bit impractical... you need to select the focal length of the lens to use it. :(

Anyway, it funny that Pentax got another model that don't have this feature: Pentax K110D. Hmm... just wonder why is this so??

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I had move all the posts on the pentax DSLR to the same thread.

Airconvent already post this already.

By the way, IMHO, the Pentax DSLR "Shake Reduction" is a bit impractical... you need to select the focal length of the lens to use it. :(

Anyway, it funny that Pentax got another model that don't have this feature: Pentax K110D. Hmm... just wonder why is this so??

Have a nice day.
Hi Weixing,
You don't need to key in the focal length for autofocus lenses. only the non-pentax manual ones. if this case, either key in the focal length or switch off the feature. the compensation depends on the range to the object but for manual focus lenses, there is no way for the camera to gauge.
The K110D is not really selling well since everyone is going for the K100D instead. For those who do not think the anti-shake is important, they pay lesser for the K110D...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Both K100D and K110D look so much a like and seem like the only difference is the shake reduction.... I think people out there will buy a K110D and try to flash with the firmware of K100D to see whether can a K110D become a K100D... :P :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
Both K100D and K110D look so much a like and seem like the only difference is the shake reduction.... I think people out there will buy a K110D and try to flash with the firmware of K100D to see whether can a K110D become a K100D... :P :P

Have a nice day.
no lah...the antishake mechanism is absent in the K110D. that is why its lighter. :D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
no lah...the antishake mechanism is absent in the K110D. that is why its lighter.
But base on the specification in Pentax website, both have the same weight: (560g) without battery and SD memory card; 22.4 oz. (635g) loaded and ready.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing