RegiStax v2.1.1 problems

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
dew

RegiStax v2.1.1 problems

Post by dew »

hi everyone, i just downloaded RegiStax v2.1.1 but when i open up the program, its like the extreme bottom and right hand side parts are missing.. like an incomplete page of a newspaper and i cant scroll to those parts either.. very strange.. does anyone know the problem that i am talking about and how i can fix it?
thanks!

eu-wen
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I think you are using 800x600. Set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 will solve the problem.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I think you are using 800x600. Set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 will solve the problem.

Have a nice day.
hi any tips on how to use it?
I tried it with 30 + saturn images and the result came out of of focus!
is it because all the images are not perfectly aligned (due to wind as well as vibration from my holding the controller)..

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
universe24

Post by universe24 »

After you stacked it, it is a bit out of focus look. You need to adjust the 6 wavelet at right hand side of the stacked image. Then you can see the results.
dew

Post by dew »

Hi,

Have a nice day.
hey thanks! its working well now.. just finished processing an image of saturn from lat night.. the seeing last night was so steady man.. got a pretty good image, will post it in another post..
thanks!

eu-wen
dew

Post by dew »

hi any tips on how to use it?
I tried it with 30 + saturn images and the result came out of of focus!
is it because all the images are not perfectly aligned (due to wind as well as vibration from my holding the controller)..

rich
hey rich, it could be because some of your images were blurry due to vibration.. you should try to scan through all your images and take out the ones which look blurry. then at the processing page the image still tends to look abit out of focus but by moving the right sliders there will be a dramatic change in that.
you should do processing using linear mode with step size of one; it usually works for me. if you do it right, using the 2, 3 and 4th sliders should be enough. the 5th and 6th tend to have much less detail and might smear away some detail from the other sliders..

eu-wen
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi all,
Anyone can give a step-by-step instruction on how to use the programme.
I assume you select the files to process (input files). select the size to align then proceed from there?
I keep on getting this "wrong input parameter" during "align & stack".
no way for me to get rid of it. anyone has a clue how to solve this?

thanks

ricj
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
You can try the below website:
http://www.threebuttes.com/RegistaxTuto ... torial.htm

There are some difference depend on your RegiStax version.

Happy stacking and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
To all who want to try out RegiStax or other stacking software, but do not have any decent raw images to practice on, just PM me with your email address. I will send you my raw saturn images (50 images) in a zipped file, which is around 940KB. The raw images quality may be not very good, but it is sufficient for practicing RegiStax.

Happy images processing, stacking and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
You can try the below website:
http://www.threebuttes.com/RegistaxTuto ... torial.htm

There are some difference depend on your RegiStax version.

Happy stacking and have a nice day.
Thanks Weixing, this is a very good tutorial...at least it teaches whatever cannot be indicated in the help file...thanks!

rich