How much you willing to buy these EC-125

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

weixing wrote:Hi,
Anyway, by putting a "cannot test" statement, of course a lots of buyer will hesistate... even they don't plan to test the scope in the first place. It just feel not right and a bit not logical especially when you are selling a scope that you said is in working condition.

Good luck in your bid and have a nice day.
When I bid, I don't get to test as well.
But if I bidded successfully I will then test it and will put it up for sale;
but then the price will be different and of course you will get to test it.

Lower Price @ Higher Risk
Higher Price @ Lower Risk
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

neoterryjoe wrote:...also, these are condemned by a school. Think about it...
I think posting some pics on the stuff might clarify the conditions.
'condemned' by school does not mean bad or faulty; it would also mean the school is re-aligning their objectives and for the sake of lesser 'red tape' in future upgrading 'condemning' is one of the solutions.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

The price sounds good, as I mentioned. If I were in the market for a good 5" scope, I will certainly go for it at $300.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The price sounds good, as I mentioned. If I were in the market for a good 5" scope, I will certainly go for it at $300.
I don't think he'll be selling at S$300 which he mention in his 2nd post... His 3rd post said that he'll sell at > S$1000 if he got the bid.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
river

Post by river »

I think Lee is asking for $300 per set before he get to see and test the scope, > $1000 per working set after he test it. Am I right?
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

river wrote:I think Lee is asking for $300 per set before he get to see and test the scope, > $1000 per working set after he test it. Am I right?
Yes, you are right.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

I'm very confused...
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

I'm just wondering if the stuff are condemned, then why is there a bid? Who is the person who puts up the bid? The school teacher? I'm not sure if this is aligned to MOE Finance guidelines..

Then the money collected goes to ..? Club? School? Hmm... My first time hearing that we can put up condemned stuff to bid. Will ask my school finance manager.

Condemned means to throw away. If condemned stores can be put up for bidding, then I'll have lots of things to 'take back' some money from.

:shock: :roll: :roll:
Wee Nghee the Pooh
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi all
The vendor has put up an item for sale.
He has indicated his asking price and the conditions for the sale.
You can PM him for clarifications or offers but please do NOT go off-topic here.

And goodness gracious. This is an ETX125EC at $300! The OTA itself is worth more than that, second-hand or not. If the goto mount works or needs only minor repair (like super glue!), its a bonus. and he even throws in a tripod.
I have moved beyond what the ETX can offer me now having sold off my ETX105AT last year, otherwise I would have grabbed this offer.

For your info, a second hand ETX125 is selling for $1500. If you need peace of mind, a perfect unit and you want to test it, try Astrobargains here (but tripod not included):

http://www.astrobargains.com/Used_Products.htm

Thanks
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

mrngbss wrote:I'm just wondering if the stuff are condemned, then why is there a bid? Who is the person who puts up the bid? The school teacher? I'm not sure if this is aligned to MOE Finance guidelines..

Then the money collected goes to ..? Club? School? Hmm... My first time hearing that we can put up condemned stuff to bid. Will ask my school finance manager.

Condemned means to throw away. If condemned stores can be put up for bidding, then I'll have lots of things to 'take back' some money from.

:shock: :roll: :roll:
Is the school adminstrator who put up the bid as it is according to MOE guideline - and the money goes to ...... Yes to MOE, not to the school.