Bye Bye Dempsey Observation Site

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
chrisyeo

Bye Bye Dempsey Observation Site

Post by chrisyeo »

I drove past the Dempsey Parade Square this evening and I noticed that they were renovating the warehouses around it. Looks like very soon we will see a whole new neighbourhood of shophouses or fancy bars here.

Well, this was a long time coming, but still sad to see that one of our old time favourite observation spots has succumbed to our nation's neverending pace of progress.

A nostalgic toast to CSN and Dempsey Rd!: http://www.singastro.org/web/mediawiki/index.php/CSN
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

oh no!.... :cry:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

yup.. noticed that too. there were a lot of construction around on friday night already.
anat

Post by anat »

I was fortunate to visit the site last friday. We saw a truck dumping something and heard someone taking a bath :) It was an enjoyable chatting session. All in all, I like that comfortable bed :)

Anat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hommel

Post by hommel »

This looks like a nice site, very dark at night and kind of eerie and its near mount vernon/upp serangoon. But quite a lot of trees except on top of the small hill.

jermng

Post by jermng »

where is this place? :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

jermng wrote:where is this place? :)
It is here.
Wee Nghee the Pooh
river

Post by river »

hommel wrote:This looks like a nice site, very dark at night and kind of eerie
If you dont see nebula up in the sky, can try nebula from six feet under... haha :)
But I think there are development scheduled for this area, that's why they clear the area. If you want to go there, better go now. Good place for jogging too.
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

where is this place?
Jeremy, this place used to be very popular haunted cemetry area...where most of the local ghost story came from this area....and it is really spooky... :lol: :lol:our goverment exhumated all the graves and transfer the resident to their new RIP home.... :lol:. It used too be the Muslim and the Christian cemetery.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

i stayed several nights at the bidadari mosque at that area. very dark, quiet, and eerie...