Equipment fest in Orchard?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

hey fellas,
if you read vincent's post more carefully, he is not looking for a dark place to see stars...he wants a sort of Saturn Watch in orchard road to attract the crowd and give singapore astronomy some publicity. who knows...maybe the tv and news media may even turn up out of curiosity.
saturn can be seen even in bright places, more so through a telescope and its very interesting object to show people. later in the evening, we can even showcase Jupiter as well....I'm guessing why not in front of Ngee Ann City.
You can see Orion (i.e. M42) and Saturn there, there's car park, its neat and tidy and there will be a large crowd...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:hey fellas,
if you read vincent's post more carefully, he is not looking for a dark place to see stars...he wants a sort of Saturn Watch in orchard road to attract the crowd and give singapore astronomy some publicity. who knows...maybe the tv and news media may even turn up out of curiosity.
saturn can be seen even in bright places, more so through a telescope and its very interesting object to show people. later in the evening, we can even showcase Jupiter as well....I'm guessing why not in front of Ngee Ann City.
You can see Orion (i.e. M42) and Saturn there, there's car park, its neat and tidy and there will be a large crowd...
Rich, you said my words. I can't explain better.

Ngee Ann city is a good idea. However, we need to check for directions. The sky might be quite covered with all the tall towers nearby. At least, a moon or saturn should be visible.

And finally..need to get clearance from Ngee Ann City too. Hopefully dun have to pay $$$