how to manage your time with astronomy and normal living

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.

how to manage your time with astronomy and normal living

Post by Guest »

Anyone care to suggest how you guys manage the late nite activities of astronomy and still have the stamina to go around your day time activity. Are you a super human? If not, tell us how you did it (for example, you drink lots of herbs, doing yoga, meditation, some good tips and tricks of catching up the wanted sleep)

Let share your methods with newbies.

cheers,
eric goh
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: how to manage your time with astronomy and normal living

Post by Airconvent »

ericgoh wrote:Anyone care to suggest how you guys manage the late nite activities of astronomy and still have the stamina to go around your day time activity. Are you a super human? If not, tell us how you did it (for example, you drink lots of herbs, doing yoga, meditation, some good tips and tricks of catching up the wanted sleep)
Let share your methods with newbies.
cheers,
eric goh
alamak...you are all young people!
how are you gonna clear NS when every little bit of activity will tire you out?
:lol:

Unless you completely skipped your sleep, at least 3-4 hrs of sleep should be able to revitalise yourself assuming you don't do it a few nights in a row....
else if you are like some of my ex-colleagues, skip an hour or two of sleep and end up like zombies, then recommend you try Brands essence of chicken...didn't you see their advert??

:D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

oh yeah, me finish NS already ! if you are worried about sleep, you should take early astro say..9pm - 12am or 1am then sleep, as least you did some stuff,
:o

Then again, bathing and washing your hair does about midnight does make you ready for NS and working Night Shifts !!! :lol: :lol:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

i sleep only 4-5 hours every nite...

So I am trained for it...
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

for me, i tired to do all my observing at home in my bedroom, so i can just doze off like that, but the price is small FOV for me,

Hard-core Astronomers go beyond 3~4am really deep stuff man ! :mrgreen: :P