THE LYRIDS STAR PARTY (Apr 21- Apr 22)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

we can take turns to look after the precious glasses...

and touchy oily fingers...
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi andrew, weixing...will see you all there, ( at the beach )
will lug mewlon and sphinx there...
wish i could bring something lighter...
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
P.S: Oh, don't point telescope to the north, later people thought we are peeping them, you will never know what "treasure" you will find...
Err... aren't we suppose to watch Lyrids Meteor Shower?? If we don't look north, where should we look?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wish i could bring something lighter...
Don't worry, you are not alone... hmm... how to bring my 8" F5 Newtonian and GPD mount there??

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

waa, all the big big scopes!

I can be lazy and don't need to bring my scope le :)
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi Chicken Little,

Can we change the talk content to something based on the recent Australian trip (star party and the Comet)? Last time we did Urban Astronomy at RP already. The Australian-trip-star-party-experience talk would also be more exciting and an eye-opener for the students, but please have a dark lecture room venue this time.

YK Chia will also be enlightening us on new material on meteors.

Lookking forward!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Can we have a talk on the different meteorites? I'm thinking of starting a collection but need to see more 'live' samples first.. heh
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi Remus, i agree that tha talk on australia trip is more exciting! 8-)

Hm... Anyone watch the movie Sunshine? Any better astro movie to suggest to play during the party other than the movie Armageddon?

Oh yup, anyone interested to participate the astro photo contest? Do remember to bring your own cameras! :D
earthtk

Post by earthtk »

Hey after what i heard from a friend in a jc, there's a meteor shower event in singapore, i wonder is it this one as i was doing some research on the net.Its my first time here and I have afew doubts which I hope that it can be cleared.

1)Can anyone go for this observation? From what I read at the post, its only refering to singastro members, schools, republic poly etc. How is it consider as a singastro member? But since i can post am i one? Is this event open to the public?

2)After browsing the tread, it came to my knowledge that if I am applicable, I would have to imforn the tread starter? right?

Pardon for my immature questions. Thank you.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

earthtk wrote: How is it consider as a singastro member? But since i can post am i one?
Yes, welcome to the club! :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
earthtk

Post by earthtk »

Wow thats quick reply :P Hmm so its possible if i join this event with my friends? What's the procedure? Go there and sign up?