THE LYRIDS STAR PARTY (Apr 21- Apr 22)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

I was a tanjong beach, sentosa.. the southern skies were fantastic.. full of stars, but northern was really badly polluted. Didn't catch any meteors at all..:(
ykchia

Post by ykchia »

Hi folks:

April 23 - a day after the peak the activity was still detected faraway from the radiant in my 'wrong' facing adhoc out-of-the-window video system. 2 of the bright ones are near edge on the top FOV, and left visible wakes. ( b/w video)
http://nightevents.blogspot.com/2007/04 ... 23-am.html

April 22 - visually the bright ones were orange/red, pretty fast seen in Bootes. Other SPOs - headless streaks near Altair. Constant veil of clouds probably had masked out most of the faint meteors.

rgds
yK
annechan

Re: Report for Lyrids Star Party 2007

Post by annechan »

Jin Peng wrote: The star party started @ RP with the talk by remus on his recent trip to australia star party and the talk started around 2:45pm
Somehow I ended up listening to the same talk twice (1st time was at NJC) :) Nevertheless it remains equally interesting. Thanks for giving such wonderful talks :)
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

I really enjoyed the star party!!! I got to see THE MOST AMAZING Southern sky EVER!! I also enjoyed the lectures very much and feverishly copied notes! ( i could get used to that) And I met some pretty cool people like Jin Peng and Serena.. Didn't meet any other singatro members though.. :( Plus i had to leave at 12.15 am cause my parents had called and complain why i was still out sooo late.. -__-.. SO SAD!! But at least i got to see 2 meteors on my way home :) I wanna come next time!!! After my stupid o'levels.. I really enjoyed the entire event, start to finish!!!! Keep me posted!!!! :) :)
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

Aurigid shower next anyone? ;p
Jin Peng

New event coming up...

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi everyone,thank you for supporting Lyrids Star Party. I had graduated from RPASTRO so from now on, i am a fully singastroian! haha... :)

I would like to organise an event, as a singastro event! Jupiter watch 2007, anyone interested? 8-)

For those who attended Mars Watch 2005 at RP, tanglin campus last time, this time i am going to organise one like this again.... Anyone interested, please watch this space, details to be out real soon! :D

Clear Sky!
Jin Peng~
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

eh.. don't watch this space can? watch a new "Jupiter Watch" space can?
It'll get buried in here. Thanks for the effort to organise! :D
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi Chicken Little,

Good initiative! But for this time, try to kick start the event earlier, otherwise we will miss some of those who arrive early in the night!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits