Welcome our youngest member!!

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Oh my god, HE"S ADORABLE!!!!!!!! Can't waIt for him to join in on observation sessions!! :)
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

Congrats :)
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
klutz

Post by klutz »

Hi,

Thanks for your well-wishes!! :D

Btw Rich, I haven't been missing lah. Just quietly reading the posts and admiring the photos. :)

I wouldn't have time to obb for the next few months... And "bye bye" to Mersing for perhaps the next 1 or 2 yrs. :cry: However, I've been seeing "stars" at home everyday when I wake up blurr blurr for feeds. :wink:

Hope to join you guys for obb soon! Remember to keep posting your reports and photos! 8-)
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

klutz wrote:
I wouldn't have time to obb for the next few months... And "bye bye" to Mersing for perhaps the next 1 or 2 yrs. :cry: However, I've been seeing "stars" at home everyday when I wake up blurr blurr for feeds. :wink:
Wah you will have lots of opportunity to check whether the nite sky is clear or not... :mrgreen: One day your boy will grow up big and strong and help mummy carry her scope :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

klutz wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your well-wishes!! :D

Btw Rich, I haven't been missing lah. Just quietly reading the posts and admiring the photos. :)

Hope to join you guys for obb soon! Remember to keep posting your reports and photos! 8-)

haha...ok...this looks like a wonderful time for you to grind mirrors ...maybe a 16.2" one that CC and company can use (16.2", so that it will be bigger than the 16.1" Dob co-owned by CC..heh heh) :lol:
Anyway, congrats again on your adorable grab-and-go junior.... 8-)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
klutz

Post by klutz »

Yah, must teach him to grow up to enjoy astronomy, so he can psycho his dad to buy him (and mum) a BIG scope... haha
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

klutz wrote:Yah, must teach him to grow up to enjoy astronomy, so he can psycho his dad to buy him (and mum) a BIG scope... haha
Paste a few pictures of LX200 scopes, a few Obsessions, a few CPC scopes, a few takahashi scopes etc....near his bed. He will ask his dad for one after a few months. No need to wait until grow up... :P
river

Post by river »

Yah, must teach him to grow up to enjoy astronomy,
my 1+yr baby learn what is star and moon with baby picture book, but most baby books show star that look like starfish and only cresent moon.

She can quicky point to cresent moon and say "mooon" but don know what to do when it is full moon. when I point her a star in the night sky, she did not think it is a star, and I have to teach her all over again haha... btw, I cheat a bit... I was pointing to Jupiter since other star were too dimm for her.
klutz

Post by klutz »

:shock: :shock: :shock: