visting Singapore from US, need to borrow/rent scope

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Edgoon,

The person offer to loan you the scope is ACC and not VinSnr. Anyway, both are very nice gentlemen.

Regards
edgoon

Post by edgoon »

acc wrote:Hi edgoon
Welcome to Sg. Glad you are planning to do star-gazing in Malaysia rather than Singapore :) I have a 100mm F6 Orion achro refractor that I can lend to you with free but would request a S$200 deposit. Its quite portable and if you wish, the lens cell can be unscrewed from the OTA if you are not anal about collimation. OTA has tube-rings and dovetail. No mount though.
acc, sorry, I confused your handle with vinsnr. Thanks for your generous offer and I will be taking you up on this since rcj has some mounts available. My kids and I will be thrilled to take in the stars that far south: hopefully, eta carinae will be above the horizon.
Please contact me at edgoon@yahoo.com. I will be arriving July 30 and staying thru Aug 18. I should swing by somewhere in the middle to do some observing. thanks much!