Review of Mak 150

Bought a new toy? How about writing a review for it? Post it here!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Meng Lee wrote:Oh yes, haha I was so blur. But since it cannot process more than 600 still frames, I use ImagesPlus auto planet align feature. It works very well too and I haven found its still frame limit..
Yes, it explains why we could not get it to work the other night!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Meng Lee wrote: By the way, the JPG pics are stacked in ImagesPlus as our beloved Registax cannot take more than 650 individual pics for stacking. Updated Registax does not even support JPG.
There seems to be a SER format which you can use in Lucam Recorder. Why didn't you use it? SER format is supported in Registax.
Wee Nghee the Pooh
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I hope this attests to the good images seen by the Mak.
Anyway, I don't think this is a good method to judge the quality of the scope ... In the hand of those image processing expert, even a below average scope can generate excellent image.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

To mrngbss (Wee Nghee), good question, this is because I only received the Lucam Recorder Pro license today !!! Then I have the SER format and 12bit per pixel capability.

To Weixing, I guess from what I know, image processing can only bring out things that are there and can't make magic.

So in order to have many details at the end picture, good optics , good seeing and good image processing are all part of it. So suppose the scope has bad spherical aberration, then nothing much can be done also to make the image nice. Just my thoughts.
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

Wow, your licence took a long time. :)
Wee Nghee the Pooh
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

The licence did not take a long time. It took me a long time to decide to buy the expensive licence. Its worth it. The software is powerful and easy to use.
Shermansem
Favourite scope: 83791355264

Review of Mak 150

Post by Shermansem »

Very nice review & pics I think this is the first official DWC review That means I need to set up a review forum and stick a copy of this review in it. Ill add that to the to-do list.