Einstein's E=MC2 ....he made it up?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

weixing wrote:Hi,
Anyway, I think this is getting way off toptic... from Einstein to Singapore education standard to bad students... ha ha ha :P

So hope next post will be back to correct topic.

Have a nice day.
Mod, can consolidate and split the thread into 2? The off topic seems to attract more attention since it is about thing happen around us.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Nevermind the split, since Meng Lee doesn't want to discuss it, so let's not argue further to let him have a chance to reply! :lol:

Back to Einstein's e=mc2, yea it essentially requires only quadratic equations and nothing further.. i understood the equation at around sec2 too. The hard one is the further generalisation of it to include "everything", which is what general relativity is all about. I'm still struggling with the mathematics... With matrices and whatnots. As long as I'm not required to evaluate the equations, I can understand it.

But understanding is not the same as discovering the same theory. It takes a great mind to understand general relativity. But it takes a superbly powerful mind to even discover for the first time, these theories as Einstein did.

And did I already mention? Half of current scientific theories have to be first made up before they are tested and verified true. There's nothing wrong with it! Except for the phrasing in the article, that's all.. :D
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
river

Post by river »

believe it or not, many country are trying to duplicate Singapore's "Teaching Factory" education model. It really contribute to the nation development... That's a fact how Sinagpore survive and success. Who started it? Dun know, but you can ask EDB.

The cost? working class got to keep on talking course till 65 years old to keep up with the job market requirement. You will see more courses for working adult offer by Uni and Poly real soon.
addy

Post by addy »

zong wrote: And did I already mention? Half of current scientific theories have to be first made up before they are tested and verified true. There's nothing wrong with it! Except for the phrasing in the article, that's all.. :D
all theories start with a hypothesis.. hypotheses are always madeup.. only whenthe hypothesis is tested n verified it becomes a theory..isn't it..
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

"The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterward."
- Arthur Koestler
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Einstein was a genius. Period.