GSO 2x Shorty Barlow + 15mm super plossl eyepiece

Bought a new toy? How about writing a review for it? Post it here!
john

GSO 2x Shorty Barlow + 15mm super plossl eyepiece

Post by john »

This review is on the GSO 2x shorty barlow and the GSO 15mm super plossl eyepiece. Ok last night i first was looking through the GSO 2x barlow and the GSO 15mm eyepiece with my Apex 90mm Min-EQ Mak-Cass telescope.I first had the barlow and the orion 25mm Sirius Plossl looking at Jupiter it was pretty clear i could defiantly see the difference than when i just had the orion 25mm Sirius Plossl,it was pretty nice with the barlow and 25mm.When i had the barlow and the 15mm eyepiece it kinda got blurry,but i still could see Jupiter and some of the brown stuff on the planet .When i just had the 15mm it was clear and pretty nice i could see Jupiter very very clear .i was kinda hoping for more, but for only spending $47.15 (including shipping) for the barlow and the eyepiece it got the job done AKA (works good). i don't regret buying it!
john
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Thanks for the review. John.
There was a buzz some years back on the GSO stuff as one of our vendor member was selling them but these days, people here have been so pampered they are have televues and pentax for dinner instead! :lol:
But prices in the US are usually much better than here due to shipping cost, so people tend to concentrate on a few good pieces instead of a whole range. .
Cheers
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets