Where can I find Velbon tripods?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
chrisyeo

Where can I find Velbon tripods?

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy Velbon tripods?

I'm looking for the model VGB-3. I tried Alex photo and Cathay in Peninsular but they don't have it. Didn't really know which other shop to try.

Thank you for your help!

Chris
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Where can I find Velbon tripods?

Post by Airconvent »

chrisyeo wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy Velbon tripods?

I'm looking for the model VGB-3. I tried Alex photo and Cathay in Peninsular but they don't have it. Didn't really know which other shop to try.

Thank you for your help!

Chris
hi chris
out of curiosity, what's a Velbon tripod and what's so special about it?
any link or pic?
i live in a manfrotto world...
:lol:

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I was also looking for a Velbon CF tripod recently. The Singapore distributor used to be Alley Photo, but I believe they're closed down now. The nearest distributor is Foto Mutiara in Malaysia:

I emailed then and they said they would inform me when the new stock comes in. However, there was no reply when I asked if they ship to Singapore. Anyway, if you want to ask them, the e-mail is:

sakure@tm.net.my

What's so good about Velbon? Not sure. But for that model I was looking at, it seems that the performance is comparable to a Gitzo tripod, at a much cheaper price.