sky Log

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
fizzy123

sky Log

Post by fizzy123 »

:wink: 8) :lol: Hmmm...... just like to know how many of u folks, keep a note book of ur observations. Any nice hand sketches of DSO or planets? Perhaps can dedicate some space in the forum to let people show their artistic talents. :wink: :wink: :D :o
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: sky Log

Post by Airconvent »

fizzy123 wrote::wink: 8) :lol: Hmmm...... just like to know how many of u folks, keep a note book of ur observations. Any nice hand sketches of DSO or planets? Perhaps can dedicate some space in the forum to let people show their artistic talents. :wink: :wink: :D :o
I know Samuel used to do this ...I tried to myself...bought a booklet and all but you know you are too busy to write down while observing and after observing, you cannot remember what you saw, especially all those odd NGC numbers you gleam from the star chart in a desperate attempt to find "new" objects to see.... :lol:
however, would be a good idea thought to at least keep a list of "M" objects you have seen...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ChaosKnight

Re: sky Log

Post by ChaosKnight »

Airconvent wrote: however, would be a good idea thought to at least keep a list of "M" objects you have seen...

rich
You can use a penknife and engrave it on your scope.... :wink: Sort of like a trophy of your conquests.....
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Urrrrr...... u mean engraving just like the one seen on the questar? Won't that spoil ur scope? :cry: :wink: :lol: