ETX60/70 Q&A

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
Kelvin

ETX60/70 Q&A

Post by Kelvin »

i currently own a ETX60.

When using a flashlight test, i discover that the inner flip mirror is very dirty. What appears to be smugs, dust and some minor scratches where present.

And the front lens too were cover with white secks that looks like dust all over the lens.

But when using the scope to view strutures they look ok, i can even see the air-cons grills in find detail in 1 football-field distance away.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Don't worry about that. This is quite common and you can ask around and I think most of the scope owner will tell you that the lens and mirror on their scope also have this on it. Anyway, it won't affect the performance of your scope.

By the way, most lens and mirror will fail this type of flash light test.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

really, wow, why? i don't believe it ! the flip mirror is so dirty when i first seen it. I thought i got a bust scope.

Why ?? does this happen. i thought the flash-light test is the purest way to check for optics quailty.