Geminids meteor shower anyone?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
popsoda

Geminids meteor shower anyone?

Post by popsoda »

any chance of an ob session for the coming Geminids meteor shower? I read somewhere it's gonna peak during dec 13th, 14th.
A limited human mind VS a limitless universe
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

It is peaking on 14th. I'm now in the middle of exams, will post more about it after my exams.

I've always done one every geminids since 2004, no reason not to do it now! :D
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
hlyf

Post by hlyf »

Haiiz. Will be in camp (OBS) till 14th. 14th night itself not sure if I'll be like alive enough to stay up late. 15th night if anyone jio I will try to make it!
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi everyone,

We are organising a camp to enjoy Geminids (even thought not the peak but still within the period).

This period is monsoon season and many think is the worst weather to do on for a camp... However, it is also the best time to enjoy the winter constellations and the geminids.. So by faith, we decided to go on with this.
Date: 16th dec - 18th dec
Venue: Pulau Ubin

For those who love adventure and want to enjoy astronomy camp in a new way, this camp would be suitable for you! Rain or Shine, this camp will sure carry on... Please download the attachment to see more details.

.::Jin Peng::.
stormchaser

Post by stormchaser »

Well if u wanna stay in sg, I'll be organising an overnight ob at ECP, jetty B on 14 dec for NTU astro. those interested can join us too. :)
gerardyap

Post by gerardyap »

hi, any ideas the best location to watch this coming Geminind
popsoda

Post by popsoda »

stormchaser wrote:Well if u wanna stay in sg, I'll be organising an overnight ob at ECP, jetty B on 14 dec for NTU astro. those interested can join us too. :)
how to get there?
stormchaser

Post by stormchaser »

Meet at East Coast Park Jetty B
A map of the place is shown at: http://www.streetdirectory.com/singapor ... &sizey=555
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Are you sure its peaking on the 14? The previous article on the Celestial Events in 2007 stated that the shower would peak on the 13.. Oh dear, i'm confused :(
popsoda

Post by popsoda »

jennifer1611991 wrote:Are you sure its peaking on the 14? The previous article on the Celestial Events in 2007 stated that the shower would peak on the 13.. Oh dear, i'm confused :(
dats wat i read...13th or 14th not much diff i think...y not catch it on both nights if u have the time.