Geminids meteor shower anyone?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Okay cool thanks very much! I'll be in a rural, frequent blackouts kinda of place so dark, clear skies ahead!!!:) Thanks again!:)
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

It doesn't really matter whether it's 13th or 14th. Meteor showers just mean the frequency of meteors is higher, and the "peak" is just a gauge of when it's "highest", when it could be as high a day before and a day after the supposed peak. Frequency rises and falls as a gentle slope through the days, as long as you have a rough gauge of date it you definitely will be able to catch meteors.

Since NTU astro is already organising one, I'll be joining them instead, if i still have the energy left.. I have a competition on Friday!
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
ykchia

Post by ykchia »

Hi folks:

Gems shortly pass midnight Dec 15. Visually they are pretty too!
Video system detection using a 6mm and Watec902H2Ultimate. I have to shifted the FOV to match early vs late hours as the radiant rise/set.

http://nightevents.blogspot.com/2007/12 ... nally.html

rgds
yK
fairydream81

Post by fairydream81 »

Hi all
I'm from Sai Gon, VietNam.
My club had a meteor night on 14th Dec.A great meteor rain !
Althought it wasn't a clear sky, over 40 could be seen from 23 h to 1:30 am (15/12).

All young people in my club: HAAC - HCMC Amateur Astronomy CLub . VietNam
Hochiminh City Amateur Astronomy Club (HAAC)
www.vietastro.org
Ch33Lin

Post by Ch33Lin »

[removed]