Anime Recommendations

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Is Gundam 00 nice?
About the only one that I liked in the series was 8th MS Team, IMHO the best Gundam series. The others were quite a disappointment especially Seed and Destiny.

Anyway, was at Sunshine Plaza and was surprised that for the Movie "Voices from a distant Star", there is actually an OST (Original Sound Track) CD!
How they managed to squeeze so many songs from a 30 min movie is anybody's guess! Its selling for $16!

Anyway, I just finished a marathon Mai Hime in 3 days! Wow..I like this one very much too. Of course it appeals to guys more, I think but the story is unique enough and the characters are engaging.
Trying to find the sequel Mai Otome now.... [smilie=admire.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
wAi_kiT

Post by wAi_kiT »

Hah, Gundam 00 gives a totally different storyline!!!
Fascinating Nature - The Night Sky.
Interesting Fact - Planets exists.
Fascinating Nature + Interesting Fact = Astronomy
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

airconvent,
About the only one that I liked in the series was 8th MS Team, IMHO the best Gundam series. The others were quite a disappointment especially Seed and Destiny.
u have watched ALL series of gundam anime available?! the whole universal century?

u watch aquarion also...are u a mecha-anime fan?

my recommendation: mobile suit gundam (THE first one). the drawing may be primitive, the storyline may not be the best but its got great music.
K.L. Lee
wAi_kiT

Post by wAi_kiT »

Haha, the Seed Series is like.. keep on recycling the ideas... You steal my gundams, then later my turn to steal back. A bit crap actually...
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Kamikazer wrote:airconvent,
u have watched ALL series of gundam anime available?! the whole universal century?

u watch aquarion also...are u a mecha-anime fan?

my recommendation: mobile suit gundam (THE first one). the drawing may be primitive, the storyline may not be the best but its got great music.
no lah...but I watched all the earlier ones. the story is ok but the animation is so so because they are so old.....8th MS Team has the best combination of good animation, good story and not long winded.
I watched endless watlz and it seemed endless to me.
Also took a peek at destiny and seed playing at the toy shops but find them not up to standard.

I liked macross best but patlabor, evangelion, argentosoma, aquarion, last exile and eureka seven are all good too!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

wAi_kiT wrote:Haha, the Seed Series is like.. keep on recycling the ideas... You steal my gundams, then later my turn to steal back. A bit crap actually...
probably too long....
and oh yes....how can I forget Full Metal Panic and Full metal Panic - 2nd Raid.
Both first class stories and animation. IMHO way above the latest gundam offerings...There's one cute but senseless gap filler between the 2 called Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu....funny but not as engaging.

Now watching Vandread, an old ODEX VCD set that I bought many many years ago but have not watched yet....a little boring though.

If you are also into romances, I recommend :

Maison Ikkoku
Orange Road Kimugure (series + OVA + 2 movies!)

Just finished Mai Hime last week, trying to find Mai Otome.
Also thinking of getting Love Hina too...(award winner)

BTW, I saw "Voices From a Distant Star" at the DVD shop at Causeway Point. They appear to be clearing some ODEX anime at $7 per box

Anyone here has Rahxephon Vol 2? I bought both Vol 1 and 2 years back and only started to watch it recently when I realised to my horror I bought TWO Vol 1 by mistake!!!
! [smilie=crying3.gif]
zackae

Post by zackae »

Wow I didn't know got so many people interested in anime. Well Gundam 00 is pretty good. I'm watching it. Then you have a really comical anime Seto no hanayome. Its about mermaids and a ordinary Japanese family. It may not seem like much but it really is hilarious. I even laughed until i cried on a few episodes.

Current teenage animes like Naruto and Bleach is also good. There are a few good twists to the story line but you people may find its too long to catch up 100+ episodes.

Another anime I liked is ghost hunt. Talking about people exorcising ghosts with a combination of science and religion.

Well good luck watching them.
wAi_kiT

Post by wAi_kiT »

Hmm... Ghost hunt is a new anime? As in... It just started recently? Coz i'm seeking for a new anime after gundam 00 season 1 ends..
zackae

Post by zackae »

Nope Ghost hunt is quite a few years back. But still theres:
Shakugan no Shana
Macross
YuYu Hakusho
Devil may Cry
Death note(note: the anime is 10 times better than the movie)
Haruhi Suzumiya
Samurai Champloo
Black lagoon
Darker than Black
Combat butler Hayate no gotoku

All great animes. Just google the names to find out more.
wAi_kiT

Post by wAi_kiT »

Haha got Death Note le... Darker than black... Hmm... I watch till halfway then don't know what happen, its not there liao...