ASTRONOMY 2008

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

In order to facilitate ease of delivery and printing, the A2008 crew has come out with a latest version of the publicity poster for A2008, with "in your face" activities held during the event. Hopefully this gives everyone a clearer picture of what to expect during A2008. It is purposely designed in B&W and in PDF form so that you can send it to all your friends/students/institutions/fellow interstellar alien beings/parents and other earthlings easily.

A2008 Publicity Poster (PDF)

A2008 Publicity Poster (JPG):
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

All right!! Can't wait to attend!
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hi everyone, I'm the log head for this event. I would like to confirm the telescopes that will be coming for this event.. So for those who would like to volunteer their scopes, could you please send me a PM? Thank you!
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

remus, money-wise enough or not from all the donations so far?
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

SHould be fine for now. There's lots of things to be done. Trying to finish them all before my new job commences next week. Till then, will give updates soon.

Note: Scope-owners, would gladly seek your cooperation and understanding and help Zong Yao asap with the information he needs. Thanks a lot!
Photon Bucket
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi all,

Here is a NEW colour version of the Publicity Poster complimenting the B&W one posted a few days ago.
There is also a PDF version for print outs and distribution to your friends.

A2008 Publicity Poster (Colour, JPG version)

A2008 Publicity Poster (Colour, PDF print version)

For completeness, here is the link to the previous B&W version.

A2008 Publicity Poster (B&W, JPG version)

A2008 Publicity Poster (B&W, PDF print version)

Updates:

I am going to start a new A2008 thread that is used exclusively for letting everyone know what to expect during the event.
It will be clearer that way for everyone since the thread here is getting long and convoluted.
For minor updates, etc, will still write under this thread, or the rest of A2008 Crew would (ex: asking for scope contributors, etc).
Thanks.
Photon Bucket
zackae

Post by zackae »

Hellow, can some one invite me into the group again? I wanna see Meng Lee's pdf file. my yahoo is czackae@yahoo.com.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Latest Updates:

1) Final requests for any image contributions. Please submit via email (remuscj at yahoo dot com) by this weekend. High quality JPEG (10-12 quality) will do. As long as you are a SINGASTRO member, you are eligible to submit.

2) The evening stargazing session will NOT BE held at the Singapore Art Museum Courtyards area unlike the solar gazing in the day. We have obtained permission from the SIngapore Management University, and am extremely grateful for their support and green light given to hold the session in their grounds, at the space directly opposite the Museum. This open area although is relatively light polluted, is quite open, and there will be lots of passer-bys. It should attract lots of attention and instil public interest in this hobby and stargazing.

3) PUB (Public Utilities Board) will be sponsoring NEWATER bottles for this event. Again, we would like to extend our thanks to their gracious support. Note however, the bottles may be limited. Come early!

4) Will open a new thread post on what to expect in A2008 for the people this coming weekend under this section.

Cheers!
Photon Bucket
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

rcj wrote:Latest Updates:

1) Final requests for any image contributions. Please submit via email (remuscj at yahoo dot com) by this weekend. High quality JPEG (10-12 quality) will do. As long as you are a SINGASTRO member, you are eligible to submit.

2) The evening stargazing session will NOT BE held at the Singapore Art Museum Courtyards area unlike the solar gazing in the day. We have obtained permission from the SIngapore Management University, and am extremely grateful for their support and green light given to hold the session in their grounds, at the space directly opposite the Museum. This open area although is relatively light polluted, is quite open, and there will be lots of passer-bys. It should attract lots of attention and instil public interest in this hobby and stargazing.

3) PUB (Public Utilities Board) will be sponsoring NEWATER bottles for this event. Again, we would like to extend our thanks to their gracious support. Note however, the bottles may be limited. Come early!

4) Will open a new thread post on what to expect in A2008 for the people this coming weekend under this section.

Cheers!
You da Man!!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Remus
As per SAF style, will there be an admin instruction disseminated for exhibitors and participants? [smilie=cool.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets